The BL-40 consists of a ladder-type masonry reinforcing for composite walls with box ties lap-welded every 16” (400 mm) O.C. that extend into the collar joint.
- A 2X-HOOK™ pintle is then engaged to complete the system.
- The collar joint between wythes should be filled with mortar or grout to achieve maximum strength.
- Not recommended for use in cavity wall systems.
- Minimum embedment of tie is 1 1/2” (40 mm).
- A fabricated ladder-type reinforcement designed to be embedded in the horizontal mortar joints of cavity, veneer and composite masonry walls.
- Bed joint alignment for connecting wythes recommended.