Flex-Flash® Thru Wall/Surface Mount Flashing is a 40-mil thick product formulated with Elvaloy® Kee*. It does not drool and combines the best features of other types of flashing, making it a truly superior product.
- Extremely tough, with excellent impact and tear resistance
- Flexibility is maintained in all weather environments, even in extreme heat or cold
- Highly resistant to oils and repels most chemicals
- Not susceptible to UV degradation
- Compatible with most silicone and urethane sealants
- Suitable for thru-wall or surface-mount applications
Typical “peel-and-stick” flashings have a black, rubberized-asphalt component that can “drool” or leach out of the building in warm temperatures if not precisely installed, leaving unsightly marks that are difficult to remove. Flex-Flash® has a pressure-sensitive, clear adhesive that will not drool when exposed to UV or heat. Flex-Flash® may be used in thru-wall or surface-mount applications.
For surface-mount applications:
- Apply to clean, dry surface
- For surfaces where additional adhesion may be required, use Foam-Tak™ Hi-Performance Spray Adhesive
- Termination Bars must also be used
- Flex-Flash® should be extended beyond the wall face and cut flush with the brick.
- Optional Drip Plates may be used to effectively guide moisture to the exterior.
- For maximum protection against moisture infiltration, specify the complete Flex-Flash® Flashing System, comprised of Flex-Flash®, Mortar Net™, Drip Plates and Termination Bar.
- U.S. Pat. No. 6,584,746 Other Patents Pending
* Elvaloy is a registered trademark of the DuPont Company.
Sealant Compatibility Charts
At various locations in a wall system the thru-wall flashing and a construction sealant are used together to form a weather-tight seal, i.e. relief angles, soft joints, door and window perimeters. Flex-Flash® has been tested for adhesion and compatibility by various sealant manufacturers (see below). In all cases, the sealant manufacturer’s application procedure should be followed and they recommend that field adhesion testing should be continued throughout all stages of the project.
NOTE: When using with insulation, please verify the compatibility with the manufacturer.
|Company||Product||Primer Required||Company||Product||Primer Required|
|SIKA||Sikaflex-1A||#260-205||Dow Corning||790 & 791||1200 Prime Coat|
|Sonneborn||Sonolastic NP1||#733||795 (Dark colors only)||1205 Prime Coat|
|Pecora||890 & 895||P-120|