The HB-213 is an adjustable veneer anchor for metal stud and wood stud construction.
- The L-shaped plate section has numerous ribs for added strength and 9/32″ holes for connecting screws.
- The eyelets allow 2X-HOOK™ (pintle) insertion (1 1/4″ maximum allowable eccentricity) and are sized to prevent in-and-out movement beyond allowable tolerances.
- The compressed leg 2X-HOOK™ has been tested and designed to withstand over 200-lbf, in tension or compression, at maximum allowed offset (ACI 530 184.108.40.206.5.4) of 1-1/4” (disengagement of the pintle from the veneer anchor). These results exceed BIA recommendations and the capabilities of standard “round wire” hooks or pintles by over 100%!
- Formerly called the BL-200, HB-200/DA-213 or HB-200 Adjustable Veneer Anchor
- NOTE: 2X-HOOK™ CAN BE INSTALLED WITH LEGS POINTING UP OR DOWN.
- The embedded portion of the 2X-Hook is 3/16”DIA round wire, satisfying the code requirement that the mortar bed thickness (typically 3/8”) must be twice the diameter of the wire.
- 2X-HOOK™: U.S. Pat. No. 8,613,175 Test results available upon request.
- 14 ga. or 12 ga. thick
- Hot-dipped Galvanized
- Stainless Steel (Type 304 or Type 316)
- H&B recommends 16″ x 16″ spacing
- Legs fabricated to accommodate up to 6″ thick insulation and/or wallboard combination (state thickness when ordering)
- Also available:HB-200-X : features three pronged punch-outs that project from the back of the anchor. The prongs prevent positive wind-loads from crushing the wallboard by transferring these loads to the back of the stud.
- Optional: HB-213 Washer to hold insulation to back-up