The Sharktooth Insert has various applications and is capable of developing working loads up to 8,000#/ft. in both shear and tension. It is adjustable along virtually its entire length, and also allows in and out adjustment, while still resisting shear and tension loads. It is fabricated in lengths from 3″ to 12′-0″ long, and can be custom designed for project-specific applications, such as radiuses or specific lengths.
- Serrated shark-tooth design allows insert to resist high vertical shear loads
(eliminates potential for vertical slip due to inadequate bolt torque, as with wedge style inserts).
- Allows for substantial vertical adjustment along full length of insert.
- Rebar interference not an issue (unlike post-installed expansion bolts).
- Additional rebar hairpins not required to develop published working loads.
- Welded connections not required! Nut or bolt connection into insert allows for easy installation and adjustment.
- Bolting hardware is U.S. standard thread (metric thread can be difficult to source).
- Custom design available for special load requirements.